BAYC Doo-Key Dash Breakdown
Communty Rallies Behind CryptoNovo
Welcome to The Drop NFT Newsletter. Breaking NFT news, project breakdowns, & artist spotlights - We do the heavy lifting so you don't have to! Join our Discord to win raffles and allow list spots!
We hope everyone has had a great week so far! It's almost Friday!
(Never forget, you are loved)
Here is the breakdown of today's newsletter:
🐒 BAYC Biggest Update Breakdown
🎁 The community rallies behind valued member after Punks are stolen
- Some loose information has been shared about Twitter's possible plans for a "Twitter Coin" implementation, which will allow crypto tipping and more. (@wongmjane)
- Collector Bullkis.eth flipped 2eth into a Cryptopunk in just five days by buying up rare land plots in Wolf Game. Here's how they did it. (@Bullkis1)
- Fanatics is cutting some of its ties with Candy Digital, as the latter suffer a huge loss in general support. (@Fanatics)
- Touch and Smell senses coming to life in the metaverse may be the next big venture for VR companies. (@Axiom_Space)
- The Freedom of the Press Foundation is collaborating with some huge names on an upcoming NFT project, the funds of which will be used to support the foundations' future endeavors. (@PleasrDAO)
- NFT Marketplace SAVAGE has teamed up with Samsung in hopes to push the envelope in smart TV NFT implementation, their TVs will be able to display NFTs and more at an exceptional quality. (@thesavageapp)
BAYC Dookey Dash 🔑
Similar to the name of musical genius Future’s song “Digital Dash”, we’re about to embark on the Bored Ape Yacht Club Dookey Dash.
💡 What's Going On:
As announced yesterday in a tweet, BAYC is opening its “sewer” on January 18th for all BAYC and MAYC holders. To enter the sewer, you must acquire a “Sewer Pass”, which will be available to claim on January 17th and will remain open until February 8th. Once you acquire your Pass, you can log in and play the skill-based “Dookey Dash” game, of which the goal is the achieve the highest score possible. Depending on what score you achieve by February 8th, on February 15th, you’ll be able to transform your Pass into a “Power Source”, which will be used in further “battles to come”.
- Evolution… Sewer Pass claim → Entrance into Sewer → Power Source claim → Yet to come
- Power source… Will be used in future battles and is meant to evolve throughout 2023, so “keep an eye out”. Depending on how high of a score you achieve, your power source will gain power. What that power is remains unknown…
- Who can participate… Despite the Sewer Pass claim only being open for BAYC/MAYC holders, they are tradeable on the secondary market. And you do not need to hold the corresponding BAYC/MAYC in your wallet to participate and rack up points for the Power Source claim. Your only barrier to entry is the secondary market price.
I read the @BoredApeYC announcement so you don't have to!
Here are the highlights:
— Ben Jammin (@xBenJamminx)
Jan 12, 2023
BAYC has been quiet for some time, hinting at a gaming ecosystem with their Otherside launch. This new Dookey venture, we think, is a way to keep people engaged throughout the year, instead of looking forward to a singular event. If you want to participate in a game where the rewards can be absolutely enormous, this is probably the one to play. See you in the Sewer! Good luck with your Dookey Dash! WAGMI.
Read the full press release by Yuga here.
Community Rallies Behind CrytoNovo
@CryptoNovo311 has been a valued member of the NFT community for a long time. The anonymous NFT connoisseur has been active not only on the timeline every day since NFT's first rise to prominence but also making many appearances at live conferences over the past couple of years.
💡 Here's what happened:
On January 3rd CrytoNovo sent out a tweet explaining how over 4 punks were stolen from his wallet. Devastatingly, hundreds of thousands of punks were stolen and in particular, Punk #3706 (checkered green beanie) was CN's identity online.
I just got hacked!!!
Are you kidding me!?!
— CryptoNovo (@CryptoNovo311)
Jan 4, 2023
Through the efforts of the web3 community, a fund for Novo appeared to help get his punk back and amazingly the community rallied like never before. Over a couple of days over 80 ETH was raised for CN and an arrangement was made for him to be able to buy the punk back.
💡 The Drop
Although not all of CryptoNovo's stolen assets were returned, it was incredible to see the community spring into action and raise funds for one of the OG members of the space. What's important to take away from this is how you act online and within an online community truly does matter. CryptoNovo is valued by the community, and the community lended a helping hand in times of great need. Never forget that kindness always wins, online and in real life!
Thread Of The Week 🧵
How I turned 2 eth into a CryptoPunk in 5 days playing @wolfdotgame 🐺
— Bullkis.eth (@Bullkis1)
Jan 11, 2023
Sponsored Content: There is no sponsored content in this newsletter.
Did you enjoy today's newsletter?
Disclaimer: The Drop DOES NOT provide financial advice. All content is for informational purposes only. The Drop is not a registered investment, legal, or tax advisor or a broker/dealer. Trading any crypto-related asset is extremely risky and could result in significant capital losses.
Follow the team:
Want to advertise your brand to 24,000+ readers or get your project featured?Check out forms on our website here.