Polygon Partners With Magic Eden
Rally NFT Drop + Foolproof Breakdown
Welcome to The Drop NFT Newsletter. Breaking NFT news, project breakdowns, & artist spotlights - We do the heavy lifting so you don't have to! Join our Discord to win raffles and allow list spots!
gm, it's Wednesday my dudes ✌️
Here is the breakdown of today's newsletter:
🔥 Rally NFT Drop
🤝 Polygon and Magic Eden
🔒 FoolProof changing the security game
- Art Basel validifies Tezos as a truly diverse blockchain for art and is hosting a special exhibition during the festival. (@tezos)
- Luxury fashion house Givenchy launches physical merch themed directly after a recent NFT drop. Designed by FeltZine, the jacket is a token of the collaboration between Givenchy and (b).STROY. (@givenchy)
- Overall NFT trading remains strong despite dips in crypto. Even newer marketplaces like Blur are doing numbers. (@nansen_ai)
- The New Yorker shares an interesting comic strip called Conspiracy Moms: Trapped in the NFT-verse. (NY)
- Aegis Trust is offering NFT insurance policies within its Digital Vault platform. (CD)
- Marketplace X2Y2 switches up its stance on zero royalties. (@the_x2y2)
- Claynosaurz released a hype video as the collection announced m ok mint date. (@Claynosauez)
- The founder of Bohemia reportedly rugs the project and bans several mods. The community ate now attempting to de-rug the project. (@Degeneratenews)
Polygon Is Now On Magic Eden 🪄
Magic Eden does not play around when it comes to executing its multi-chain presence. As of yesterday, ME has integrated with Polygon and this is the third chain that they are synchronized with, the other two being ETH and SOL.
1/ @0xPolygon 🤝🏼 @MagicEden
Today, we're continuing our multi-chain vision by adding Polygon as our 3rd chain!
We can't wait to partner w/ world-class game developers, creators, & everyday brands joining web3.
Our launch partners 👇🏼
— Magic Eden 🪄 (@MagicEden)
Nov 22, 2022
- The vision is games… when it comes to Polygon, Magic Eden’s playbook is to start offering value to the robust community of game developers building on Polygon. They plan to do this with reach, funding, infrastructure, and monetization models for game developers.
- Polygon and Magic Eden want to work together… to leverage one another’s specialties. Magic Eden is a popular and well-designed marketplace and who better to present Polygon’s games to the work. In other words, Magic Eden will play a big role in bringing these games to the market.
- Onboard onboard onboard… is the other name of the game for this new chain integration. Polygon has already been quite effective in reeling in the folks of web2 into the web3 fold. But with Eden in the picture, the name of the game is forming new partnerships to onboard further.
💡 The Drop
Magic Eden is setting a valuable precedent in offering its services across different chains. A player like Eden will have unique knowledge about what varies and what stays the same across different chains. As such not only will they have an edge by covering more ground, but their expertise in being able to work across various terrains will be sought after by new entrants looking to do similarly.
Rally Dropping 1/1 NFTs Redeemable for Physical Cards
1/1 NFTs and physical trading cards? Yep. Rally delivers.
Rally is the premier platform for buying and selling equity shares in the rarest collectibles in the world, with nearly $50M in investable assets and over 400 individual items trading at any given time. They’ve partnered with legacy brands to IPO hundreds of SEC qualified assets just like a stock, such as a Triceratops Prorsus Skull and a 1985 Ferrari Testarossa. Since 2020, they’ve also partnered with Web3 brands such as VeeFriends and Cool Cats to securitize and fractionalize NFTs.
Their next project will be an original creative collaboration between Rally and Keenan Wells (AKA Pixel Hall of Fame), a 3,500 NFT collection titled “The Future is History.” Each NFT is a unique 1/1 NFT character drawing from Pixel Hall of Fame, the characters representing 15 notable figures from throughout history such as William Shakespeare, Rosie the Riveter, and Albert Einstein. Each NFT will be redeemable for a pack of physical cards at no additional cost, the packs including a 1/1 to match the NFTs along with random inserts containing cut signatures, holograms, and relics from the past.
✨Rally x Pixel Hall of Fame✨
• 3,500 1/1s
• Gated discord post-reveal
• Mint w/ ETH, CC, ApplePay
• Physical card pack claim asap
• Museum location 001 opens Q1
• Every character has matching IPOs
let get into it...
— Rally (@OnRallyRd)
Nov 6, 2022
🚨 The private sale will launch on Friday, November 25, at 12:30 pm, and last for 72 hours before the sale opens to the public.
You won’t want to miss this drop…learn about history through collecting amazing art, and familiarize yourself with Rally’s array of assets to degen into.
Foolproof Is Here For Security 🔒
With the rampant liquidity issues currently felt by Crypto exchanges, one must start accepting that security in the Web3 space is not up to par. While we do have hardware solutions like Ledger wallets, these are Web2 “bandaids” that are not native Web3 solutions. Foolproof Labs is looking to change that.
Centered around the idea of in-wallet security and transaction transparency, Foolproof utilizes the idea of RPCs, which serve as highways for information between your wallet and the blockchain. The RPC is used to break down the contents of a transaction to give you full transparency of what will transpire within a transaction, in turn saving you from a malicious business. Foolproof checks for the RPC when transacting, which is their form of multi-factor authentication. If you’re using your designated RPC, the transaction will go through. But if the RPC isn’t used, Foolproof will automatically move your assets to a secondary wallet that the user provides. Still in the beta phase, this application is the first native Web3 security solution that we’ve seen; that doesn’t utilize any Web2 elements in the logic.
💡 The Drop
In Web3, scams and theft happen on a daily basis. In the NFT space, we see it from time to time, but we don’t think about the totality of Web3, such as Decentralized exchanges, liquidity farms, etc. There are many sectors that need proper security. And applications like Foolproof are the beginning of that. Thinking of solutions in a Web3 way instead of finding a Web2 solution that fits. WAGMI.
Sponsored Content: There is no paid-for sponsored content in this newsletter. Rally is an unpaid collaboration with The Drop.
Did you enjoy today's newsletter?
Disclaimer: The Drop DOES NOT provide financial advice. All content is for informational purposes only. The Drop is not a registered investment, legal, or tax advisor or a broker/dealer. Trading any crypto-related asset is extremely risky and could result in significant capital losses.
Follow the team:
Want to advertise your brand to 24,000+ readers or get your project featured?
Check out forms on our website here.