Amazon's NFT Marketplace
Robinhood Crypto Wallet + Coffeezilla On Rogan
Breaking NFT News, Project Breakdowns, & Artist Spotlights. We do all the heavy lifting for you! Follow our Twitter / Join our Discord to win raffles and allow list spots!
🚨 IMPORTANT: We have completely revamped our Instagram and posts will be made daily covering the entire web3 space. Please do us and yourself a favor and give us a follow 😊
We will be raffling off $100 in ETH to a follower at the end of the week so don't miss out
gm it's been a wild week so far,
Here is the breakdown of today's newsletter:
🛍️ Amazon NFT Marketplace announcement
🚀 Robinhood crypto app goes live
🚨 Coffeezilla goes on Joe Rogan (CryptoZoo/Logan Paul)
- Yuga Labs auction for TwelveFold is now live. TwelveFold is composed of 300 unique generative pieces of art, each inscribed as an Ordinal on the Bitcoin blockchain.
- Doodles release their "DoodleMap" which gives a sneak peek into their big 2023 plans. Holders are buzzing with excitement. (@thedropnft)
- Here is an important warning for users to note when using OpenSea’s new beta feature that can make you accept an offer instead of hiding your NFT.
- @CozomoMedici has donated the first on-chain art piece from a collector to a museum, and the biggest digital fine art collection has now entered a museum. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) has added 22 works from The Cozomo de' Medici Collection to its permanent collection. (@CozomoMedici)
- The Ledger x RTFKT collab looks absolutely incredible. Check it out here.
- Meka #2194 sold for $1.85 million back in December 2021. Now it only has an offer of 0.31 ETH (YIKES). (@thedropnft)
- Galaxy Digital's research unit predicts that by March 2025, the Bitcoin NFT market is gonna be worth a whopping $4.5 billion. Can you believe it? (CD)
- Apparently, FTX just realized they're $8.9 billion short on customer funds. This is the first time the bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange has actually figured out how much money has gone missing (not shocking). (WSJ)
A message from our friends at Finance Buzz:
Credit Card Experts Urge Americans To Transfer Balances ASAP
If you have outstanding credit card debt and large monthly payments, getting a new 0% intro APR credit card could help ease the pressure while you pay down your balances.
Our credit card experts put together a list of the top cards offering extended periods of 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases.
🛍️ Amazon Launching NFT Marketplace
Amazon is reportedly developing a platform allowing customers to purchase NFTs tied to real-world assets. The platform will be a significant upgrade from Amazon's earlier NFT platform. The company plans to notify every Amazon Prime customer in the US of its digital collectibles initiative once it goes live. The timing of the launch is still uncertain, but it is expected to happen by May at the latest. Amazon is reportedly considering sending an email blast to every US-based Prime subscriber to spread the word about its digital collectibles push. For those that don't know, that's over 167 million prime members. The back-end blockchain technology is not precisely clear, but Amazon is rumored to possibly be creating a private blockchain.
Also, rumor has it that Amazon wants to make its own blockchain. No one really knows if they'll just copy an existing one, or come up with something totally new. Oh, and there's talk about them having their own Amazon token, but some people are saying it's gonna be like a super exclusive club.
Launch date? Via rumor, expected to go live on April 24th
Worldwide? Not yet, available to US users first.
Crypto payments? No announcement yet.
It's safe to say this is definitely PROBABLY SOMETHING...
🚀 Robinhood Crypto Wallet Launch
First, we had NFT marketplaces fighting to the death and now it looks like crypto wallets have joined the battle.
Last week Robinhood made its self-custodial crypto wallet app available to all iOS users, including support for Ethereum and over 50 ERC tokens. The app also allows users to hold NFTs and access dApps like Uniswap and Balancer.
#RobinhoodWallet is now available to everyone with iOS:
— Johann Kerbrat (@JohannKerbrat)
Mar 1, 2023
The wallet dropped in beta back in September and then it was released to over 1 million users in January. And the kicker? You could swap Polygon's MATIC tokens with no network charges. Robinhood's new app can be found on the Apple App Store in 130 countries, but hold tight because they're still working on launching the Android version later this year.
Does Robinhood have a chance against Metamask?
🚨 Coffeezilla Goes On Rogan To Discuss CryptoZoo
One of the most infamous rug pulls in the recent year was Logan Paul's CryptoZoo project that stole millions of investors' funds. We covered the entire rug pull in a previous article here but make sure to check out Coffeezilla in the flesh on Joe Rogan discussing the madness.
“I hope you have a high risk tolerance”
— alexjm 🍿 the blue roo 🦘 (@alexjmingolla)
Mar 3, 2023
Sponsored Content: This newsletter was sponsored by Finance Buzz.
That's all for today's issue! Thanks for reading this far and also make sure to give our Twitter a follow daily for breaking NFT/web3 news! (@TheDropNFT)
What did you think of today's Drop?
(don't be afraid to respond to our email for in depth analysis)
Follow the team:
Want to advertise your brand to 24,000+ readers or get your project featured?
Disclaimer: The Drop DOES NOT provide financial advice. All content is for informational purposes only. The Drop is not a registered investment, legal, or tax advisor or a broker/dealer. Trading any crypto-related asset is extremely risky and could result in significant capital losses.