Welcome to The Drop NFT Newsletter. Breaking NFT news, project breakdowns, & artist spotlights - We do the heavy lifting so you don't have to! Join our Discord to win raffles and allow list spots!
Here is the breakdown of today's newsletter:
- Massive pixel project from last year Moonbirds signs with Hollywood Talent Agency UTA. (@kevinrose)
- The trajectory for how much Metaverse overall will make by 2030 is truly out of this world- we're talking five trillion. (CT)
- Marketplace SuperRare will be laying off nearly 30% of its staff. Check out their CEO's explanation on Twitter. (@SuperRareJohn)
- Y00ts were offered 3M$ to transition the project onto the Polygon blockchain. (@frankdegods)
- FTX employees and Sam himself reportedly squandered away tons of money away at a luxury penthouse in the Bahamas. (BI)
- Moonpay just partnered with Mintable to push the ImmutableX NFT platform. The initiatives hope to help speed along the mass adoption of crypto and NFTs. (MP)
- BIG NFT Sale: CryptoPunk #2066 sold recently for a whopping 1,115ETH. (OS)
Metaverse To $5 Trillion By 2030 💰
It's hard to find a group of individuals as bullish on the metaverse and web3 as The Drop team is but we may have just met our competitor. McKinsey & Co. estimates that over 50 percent of live events could be held in the metaverse by 2030, potentially generating up to $5 trillion in value.
- The PFP craze does have an application… according to Irene-Marie Seeling, the CEO of a digital luxury brand, there is a gap between consumers adopting digital personas and brands providing a solution for this new phenomenon.
- Banks and biz… McKinsey suspects that e-commerce and banking will find renewed traction in the metaverse.
- Make it more human… the key concept that will drive the adoption of the metaverse according to McKinsey is the humanization of the whole experience. This includes new technologies to augment our experience of the digital realm, and more seamless interfaces for us to interact with each other in.
💡 The Drop
McKinsey has been around since the inception of modern-day Western industrial capitalism. They are not just a consulting group but rather they are actually a firm that actively determines the shape of how stuff is done across the world. For them to be taking up the metaverse in the fashion that they are is serious news, and not speculative news, because they’ll actively find solutions and implement procedures for institutions to use the metaverse so that they can make money.
Logan Paul Scam Update 👀
Just a couple weeks ago, we featured the Coffeezilla vs. Logan Paul saga on The Drop. Now we have some new developments, as the story is unfolding right before our eyes.
💡 So what's the update?
After the three-part series that Coffeezilla released on Youtube came to a close, Logan Paul immediately went into damage control mode. Coffeezilla claimed that Logan was a part of the scheme, despite not selling any of his $ZOO tokens, and the entire project was just a plot to suck money from innocent investors. Logan then proceeded to launch a response video on January 3rd, saying that Coffeezilla does not have the fact straight, that he’s just trying to create a “story”, and that Logan would be filing a defamation lawsuit. Despite this video being deleted after just a few days, Logan also went on his Impaulsive podcast and talked about the allegations in an hour-long segment. He does not retract his statements, but instead, he doubles down and talks more extensively about the matter. Despite this, the collection pumped, in natural NFT fashion.
It is very likely that Logan Paul will mention CryptoZoo on his podcast "Impaulsive" today in response to Coffeezillas videos.
I expect we will see some extreme volatility whether that be an all-out dump or a significant pump.
What do you think it will be?
— Chris ☕️ (@ChrisCoffeeEth)
Jan 3, 2023
💡 The Drop
We, as a space, must be vigilant and aware that bad actors exist, despite how influential or wealthy they may be. In the past year, we’ve seen numerous collections get abandoned, thus leading to massive losses for many people in the market. That may be one of the biggest reasons that people leave this space; they lose all their money. But, in recent news, we’ve seen many people start to get indicted for their frauds. From scam shitcoins to rugpulled NFTs, people are being found and held to answer for their actions. That is exactly why we’re seeing Logan start to finally talk about CryptoZoo and what will be coming in the near future, with a potential release date of 2023/2024. If Coffeezilla’s series didn’t light a fire under his @$$, the idea of going to jail over some digital egg pictures is another story. Logan, fix your mistakes. You make too much money off of Crime, I mean Prime, not to. WAGMI.
Sponsored Content: There is no sponsored content in this newsletter.
Did you enjoy today's newsletter?
Disclaimer: The Drop DOES NOT provide financial advice. All content is for informational purposes only. The Drop is not a registered investment, legal, or tax advisor or a broker/dealer. Trading any crypto-related asset is extremely risky and could result in significant capital losses.
Follow the team:
Want to advertise your brand to 24,000+ readers or get your project featured?
Check out forms on our website here.